Dereck and I have been somewhat of weekend warriors. We went to Boston the weekend of the 7th and had a great time. We went to a cookout at Dereck’s grandmother’s house in Cambridge. There was delicious food, great company and we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day weather-wise. On Sunday, thanks to Tiffany, we went to Kimball Farm. It was a beautiful drive about 40 minutes outside of Boston into the rolling hills. Unfortunately no pictures were taken, of course. However, we got there expecting a little ice cream shop and it was this huge, crowded farm with mini-golf and lobster rolls…
WHO KNEW??
Apparently, a lot of people except us. It was a bit extreme however, their portion sizes were astronomical! But a lot of fun and delicious is an understatement. Anyway, we had a great visit.
Last weekend, I took a whirlwind trip to DC. I left on Friday after work and got home Sunday morning at about 4am. I got to hang out with Devon and Nate who were so cute. I woke up to Nate poking my forehead, saying, Meela with a HUGE GRIN on his face! He was my little friend all day, it was so cute. Kijuana and Devon went to the grocery store and Nate opted to stay with MEELA! They were being soo funny.
I also went to my dear friend Danette’s bridal shower. I am sooo excited for her to marry her longtime boyfriend Eric. They are a perfect pair and I whole-heartedly support their upcoming nuptials. Not that they need my approval, I am just so happy to see them so happy.
After the shower, I unfortunately headed to the hospital. Kijuana had another blood transfusion to prepare her for her Rituxan treatments that started on Monday. It is a weekly treatment that she will do for 6 weeks every Monday. We hung out, ate some Cheesecake Factory and watched America's Got Talent. And then I had to go home on the Chinatown bus so that I could teach Sunbeams on Sunday. Dereck had a class so I battled the 3 year olds alone.
It’s fun being able to go places on the weekends, since I am not in school, but I am exhausted.
This upcoming weekend is Dereck’s birthday, so I am looking forward to hanging out and having some downtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So fun Kami! I'm glad you have returned safely. Give my love to Kij too, I'm so sorry she has to go through this!
I'm so sorry also to hear about Kijuana. We'll keep her in our thoughts a prayers! I'm so glad you're close enough to go visit her!
Post a Comment