Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Project #1

I have been working on a few projects during my break. Here is the one that is most nearest to completion. Just a casual, comfy, navy cotton sateen dress (with a bit of stretch). It was a pretty easy design - didn't take me long at all to drape it. It's basically a combination of a few different pieces that I have had my eye on.















Here is the front view.






Details: side pockets (kind of hard to see but almost my favorite part) and pleating in the front






Here is the back view. Sorry, it hasn't been pressed.


Here is how I would most likely wear it.

More to come later...

14 comments:

Leah said...

Oooh, I LOVE this! Such a fan of those pockets too!

teabelly said...

it is so cute i love it! i want one!!!!!!

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

Will you make all my clothes please!!! I love it, you have such talent!!! I'm really not kidding, make my clothes I will pay you!!!! Love ya

stephanie said...

This is darling! I love the pleating and the sleeves. I also love that this is "easy" for you. Wow.

Amber said...

That is seriously the cutest! I just love it. You little creator, you.
Looks like Christmas and New Years was fun with family.

alysha said...

I LOVE IT!!
remind me I have a question about your neckline.

Sunny Duron said...

Hi - that dress is way cute, and modest!! Hard to come by. I hope you are still warm!

cathy said...

So cute! I will take one too please!

Julia said...

Love it. Can't wait to get my own KGrace original!

Sara said...

oh thank you for making me my dress. Please deliver promptly. the prom is coming up. hi son!

)en said...

Wait a minute... did you wear this project yesterday? because it WAS rockin' and i wanted to tell you so but got lost in all the hubbub.

Thanks for liking my blog, or telling me you do. yours is fun too and i'm not just saying that. i'm very picky about the blogs i read. that's right.. only highbrow blogs. p.s. because i'm lazy i'll just say this here: that post about the christmas sweater contest? Oh MAN, that is brilliant. I'm totally stealing that idea. I have yet to acquire a Christmas sweater but now's my chance/excuse.

The End.

-jenmo

ROXY MARJ said...

Kamilah! This dress is gorgeous! question. When you comment on my blog it doesn't come under this blog address, how come? :( Also, was wondering if you and Derek wanna come over for Sunday dinner next next Sunday. Yes? :) xo

Amy D. said...

Kamilah...that is so great! Love it. Can't wait to see your whole collection in Bryant Park. Is that how you spell it. I worship Project Runway. Make it work people, make it work.

Amberli said...

this dress is amazing. even darek was like, wow Kamilah is a good designer! how about them apples? can your next project be duplicating it in my size please?