Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"If you choose to not wear deodorant, do not stand by me!"

I am thinking of making this saying into a t-shirt and wearing it every morning on the subway. For some reason, I have been cursed to have the smelliest rides this week.
I can attribute it to several factors:
  • it is summertime, so there are a lot of extra tourists which in turn make the subways more crowded
  • there is a lot of track work going on. I ride the 4/5 line and there are delays and again, extra crowding occurs
  • it's getting hot outside, so people are sweating more

Am I a magnet for stinky men or bad-breathed women? I would venture to say that at LEAST 80% of the people that ride the subways in the morning are going to work - do these people not groom themselves? I can't imagine having to work all day with a stinky sir or ma'am.

Anyway, a bit of advice - please, if you are going to be in close proximity with other people, as in a crowded subway ride, just take a shower, put on deodorant, or do something to cover up the body odor that nobody wants to smell!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I AGREE!

Leah said...

Please do not chip your tooth on the subway.

Kijuana said...

maybe you could carry around small bars of soap to discreetly pass out to those who need it. I could volunteer my bin o' soaps from staying in hotels for all of my work trips.

teabelly said...

you are killing me!

KamilahNYC said...

Well Kimberly, it's sick!