Friday, November 16, 2007

30 is the new 20...

I have entered a new realm in my existence.
I have been alive 30 years. Amazing.

I must say I have had ups and downs, but way more ups than downs. Although I haven't acquired a lot of "things" in my life, I do feel rich with my family, friendships and associations. My life has been pretty great so far and I am really looking forward to the next 30 to see what challenges life has in store for me.

On my actually birthday I received many calls and emails - thanks everyone! But, I also had my internship and I had to go to class. After class Dereck met me at a Mexican Restaurant in soho and I must say it was pretty yummy!
These were sent to my work. (Dereck forgot I would be at my internship) It was fun to get them the day after my birthday too!

The celebration continued into the weekend we had a small gathering of sorts at our house with some friends. We then went to see Loide perform at a Brooklyn lounge. She did an amazing job as usual and it was a great way to end the birthday festivities for this year.
The coolest thing about birthdays is that they come every year, so I have that to look forward to!

6 comments:

Leah said...

Those are beautiful. And I can't believe I forgot to call you. You know you and my little sister have the same birthday, so I have no excuse. Maybe when my children are gone and out of the house I will be organized and be able to think about something other than what we're going to eat and what smells.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were born! You have been and continue to be one of our Heavenly Father's greatest gifts to the world and especially to me.
XXOO

chartie said...

Congrats on joining me with the big 3-0! You're cool now. :-)

Julia said...

those flowers are beautiful, what a good husband you have.

Happy Birthday to you...many days late.

alysha said...

so glad we got to celebrate with you!

Likely said...

happy birthday. Love the callas.