I agree with Oprah. It does feel like hope won!! It feels like such a victory for the human race!
Our neighborhood just erupted with cheers and screams from about 10:30pm, on. I heard a policeman get on his loud speaker and declare to all who were in earshot while driving down the block, "Barack Obama is going to be the next President" - like it was a parade in his honor.
There were fireworks. There were praises to the Lord. There was a feeling of hope and optimism that was practically tangible in the air.
Dereck and I just sort of sat quietly at first, just taking in the moment and then I wanted to dance and scream and join the hysteria. We cheered. People were calling and texting. I cried. It felt amazing!
I immediately teared up again as I watched him and that amazing family of his walk onto the podium and the crowd silence as he delivered yet another speech filled with hope and promises of change and reassurance that we had made the right choice and that each and every one of us had voted and believed in the right candidate.
I fell asleep with a smile on my face, while listening to "OBAMA..." being yelled on balconies, porches, street sidewalks all night long.
What a wonderful night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
my neighborhood was quiet, which was expected but a bit disappointing. And it felt a little anticlimactic until Obama and his family walked onto my tv screen. Then tears fell down my face and didn't stop until I went to bed near 2 am. I agree that today there is a certain hope and optismism in the air. It is amazing!
I expected to be happy, but I didn't expect to be so emotional. I think about the fact that now my sons and other sons can look at the office of the President of the United States and know that they are not excluded. How empowering. How wonderful. What a day.
Woohoo! I am so, so happy about President Obama's victory. I can't believe it, although I sorta can. The man is amazing! Incredible.
how fun is your neighborhood? ours erupted for a minute, and then went quiet again. poor Inwood peeps need their sleep, i think. but i get chills whenever i think about what this election has done for history and for our country. simply beautiful.
p.s. my email is wendychristiandunn@gmail.com OR wendyhchristian@hotmail.com
Post a Comment