Thursday, August 17, 2006
Yeohlee Sample Sale
Last week I got a postcard in the mail announcing that Yeohlee was having a sample sale. [If you recall, I met her back in April at the Mentoring walk put on by the Oxygen network (See May 23rd post). ] Anyway, today during lunch I went to the sale and, although I couldn't afford anything, it was still nice to go and see her offices and what kind of clothing she has created. I went with Regine and Rani from Parsons and as we were browsing her designs, out she comes! She totally remembered me and Regine from the walk. She seemed suprised and grateful that we stopped by and told us that she was impressed that we took the time. It was really nice to get some face time (albeit brief) with her. One thing that Yeohlee said during the mentoring activity is that it in the fashion business, you have to be talented, but you also have to be lucky. She claims that she got lucky. In a way I believe it, but on the other hand she truly is extremely talented. But, I am just so glad I decided to stop by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
can i just say how jealous i am of both your location and career choice!! i know you will get lucky too, and i will be able to say i knew you when...
Post a Comment