Friday, June 22, 2007

Every good thing deserves a good home

Imagine my good fortune.
This morning, I was heading to the subway when I saw this old, (but still nice) mirror just sitting by the side of the road, waiting for a home...er the trash. I immediately looked around and then called Dereck to ask him, “Can I bring it home?” His response, Are you sure it’s trash? And if it’s trash, then why do we want it?
Being the loving, supporting husband that he is (and knowing that if he didn't agree, I would probably still bring it upstairs anyway), he agreed to meet me at the entrance to the building in his pajamas.
So I began the trek (less than a half of a block) back the apartment. But it was sooo heavy. I must have looked ridiculous, because this guy helped me along the way claiming, “I don’t need seven years bad luck and neither do you.” So funny. Dereck met us at the door and carried our new mirror upstairs to safety and I went on to work. Can’t wait to go home and decide what to do with it. I want to do something really cool with the frame. Perhaps some sort of decoupage, or broken glass, or marbles or something. Let me know if you have any cool ideas.
Love dumpster diving.

2 comments:

Leah said...

OOoh, love that! Take a picture frient.

Darek and Amberli said...

Ahhh, street treasures. the gems of the east coast. nothing like picking up your neighbors "trash!"