I have the longest blog in history to update my life from the past month or so that I have been meaning to post, but something happened today that just had to put up for discussion. It’s really one of the most disturbing things that I have ever encountered and if I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I probably wouldn’t have believed it myself.
This morning I got off the train and was heading to work as usual at the 42nd street (grand central) stop which is a very busy station. As I was walking, this guy was also getting off in front me says, “Watch your step” and put his arm out. I looked down and saw a red pile of blood or something on the ground. I looked closer and realized that it was a mini baby fetus on the ground. It was still wrapped inside the placenta and the umbilical cord was lying next to it.
I am still in shock. Nobody should almost step on a baby on they’re way off a train! What kind of person either has an abortion on the train platform or miscarries and then heads uptown. I immediately broke down seeing that lifeless helpless little soul. He/she wasn’t even given a chance! It breaks my heart to know that there are so many that would give anything to be a mother and another person just leaves their baby on the train platform. The fetus was only about 3 inches long, but you could clearly tell what it was through the placenta.
I guess it can take these types of things to just really make you think. I have so much to be grateful for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
holy cow, Kamilah! i'm SO disturbed by what you saw! dude, that freaks me out! i'm so sorry you had to see that. yuck.
ok that is the sadest thing i have ever heard did you pick it up? Or call the police? I am dying that is so not ok!!! What happend? I need more info!
Totally disturbed by this. Seriously that is so sad, and even more that that, so wrong. What kind of person values life so little?
Oh my gosh! That is so terribly sad - it makes me sad for the person that would do such a thing and so so very sad for that innocent life that was lost. Even more - I can't believe that you saw it. So sad!
It makes me wonder what actually happened with the mother. Was she rushed off to the hospital, did she proceed to work? Sad.
Post a Comment