I should be put into my own non-bloggers with blogs list! Who do I think I am? The reasons for my non-blogging you ask? Well, one word: Parsons. I've started up a new semester and it may prove to be my most time-consuming and challenging yet. I am taking 3 classes once again. They are:
1. Fashion Design Studio - This class I am starting from the beginning and creating a full collection. For the past 2 weeks, we've been creating mood boards, sketching our looks (30), and collecting fabric swatches. This portion is due tomorrow. My teacher, bless his heart, has been busy with Fashion Week, so we've been working on our own the past two weeks and tomorrow we have to present what we have been working on. Once our designs are approved the remainder of the semester will be filled with making 4-6 of our looks. This class will be great because at the end of it, I will have an actual collection for my portfolio.
2. Business/Entrepreneurship - This is a really interesting, scary class, but by the end I will have a tangible business plan that I can woo my investors with. My teacher started her own line 5 years ago and has tons of practical knowledge to share. If I can make it through the budget portion, then I think that my life will be happier. Anyone have an extra $50K that they want to invest into KGrace Designs?!? :)
3. Technical Drawing - This is mostly using Illustrator to create flat sketches. This would be what we would send to a factory who would create our designs. Still learning Illustrator, so it's not my favorite class. It's not super interesting, but definitely important to learn...
So there's an updated to what I have been doing. I say this every semester, but I will try and post my project when I finish.
On a happier note, our couches 
finally arrived! Dereck volunteered to stay home today to receive them and so he is currently lounging as I work and head to class...what a nice husband...he was so willing to break them in! We got the couch and the chair - no ottoman.

finally arrived! Dereck volunteered to stay home today to receive them and so he is currently lounging as I work and head to class...what a nice husband...he was so willing to break them in! We got the couch and the chair - no ottoman. Finally, we don't have to sit on the bed and pretend it's the couch!
I hope everyone is having a great day. It's a really snowy, blistery day here in New York City.
5 comments:
Oooh, so fabulous my frient. Love them! Good luck with your classes. I expect an illustrator phone call or two.
So fabulous!! Can't wait to see them in person!
Woman,
Nice job with the luxurious seating! I'm so excited to plant myself directly upon them. Good luck with your classes this round...hooray that you are so smart!
Hey frient!
sohappy to get the update. i can't believe how busy you are but it sounds very cool and i wish i had $50K to invest because you are going to be a star!!!
love the couches. very classy
Very cool!
Post a Comment