Kijuana had the good fortune to meet Dr. Carson during her trip to San Diego earlier this month. He spoke at the conference that she helped put together. I have always loved his miraculous story and was especially inspired reading his book, Gifted Hands, growing up. I was worried when she told me that she shook his hand, because his hands are truly a magical part of the surgical work that he does. I advised her not to squeeze too tightly!
One quote from his website that I liked was this -
"'Thinking big" means opening our horizons, reaching for new possibilities in our lives, being open to whatever God has in store for us on the road ahead. "
Anyway, he is someone that I have always admired and so I was very jealous that she got to meet him and thought I would share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment