Monday, November 05, 2007

Primary Kids

As you may know, Dereck and I teach the Sunbeams at church. A few weeks ago, we had our Primary presentation in front of the whole congregation. They sing songs, give talks, and usually everyone ends up in tears.
(Our kids are four cuties on the front row!)

We teach Tate, who is the second from the left on the bottom row, and he not only sang a solo with his girlfriend (Hannah, first on left on bottom) but gave a talk as well. He "wrote" out his talk using his own drawings and just read from the pictures that he drew. So fascinating. Part of his talk was this.

"I love Primary. Brother and Sister Cole are my teachers and they are nice. They teach us how to care for shark pets..."

Um, what!...Way to make us look bad! hahah.

For the record we do teach the children about gospel stories not only about shark pets...right...

Who has a shark pet anyway? It was sooo funny!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Shark pets? What the? That's hilarious.

Julia said...

gotta love those shark pets. Love that. You're primary is the tiniest! I'm in Utah though...the land of never ending child birthing.

Amber said...

why can I picture your face when he called you out, throwing you straight under the bus?? i love it. apparently the scriptures speak to him in a whole different way, much more exciting¿¿?? i love primary kids!

alysha said...

I would have loved to see the pictures of you guys and the shark pets he drew. He is the best!

Sara said...

Best calling ever