Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Serious Pet Peeve

Everyday, most days more than once, I will see people that still have the X stitch on the back of their coats. You know when you first purchase a coat or jacket, sometimes even certain skirts with pleats and there is a stitch holding it together and then once you buy it, you are supposed to cut the stitch out, so the pleat can move freely. Do people not know you are supposed to cut it? It's stitched on the outside so it's easy to see. It's so annoying and I am not even sure why. I am going to start carrying a pair of scissors in my bag and make myself useful snipping away at people's coats and jackets.
Isn't that weird, or is it just me?

7 comments:

Leah said...

So funny frient. Why would they leave it in??

stephanie said...

You make me laugh! I have a problem with leaving my tags on ... I just forget, but that's usually because when I put it on at home I'm still making my final decision about whether or not I'm going to keep it. After it takes me forever to decide, I've forgotten all about the tags. At least they're on the inside, though!!

Deidra said...

It bugs me, too! Sunday there was a girl with her pleat stitched on her skirt. I shuddered inside.

Jen said...

ok I have totally done that before in collage I had a skirt and it seemed so stiff towards the bottom, well one day I realized! But it was stitched on the inside! So you couldn't see it now I always check!

Amy D. said...

No, you are not weird. The same thing bugs me. I kind of laugh though....ha, ha

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

I am probably one of those people that would bug you, I probably wouldn't even notice, so next time around me bring your scissors!! HEHE You are too funny!!!!

)en said...

ooookay. As someone who's a bit of a moron in that regard, I must admit it took me a bit to figure that one out. I mean, why do they even have it there in the first place? Answer me that, please.

-jenmo