Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bodies Exhibit


Last Friday for "date night" Dereck and I went to see the Bodies...the Exhibition. Amazing. No seriously so cool.

We stayed there for about 2 hours just reading everything and staring. I took Anatomy in high school (Woah....Anatomy - for you cath and jess) and we had the opportunity to work with cadavers, however, the views that you get in this exhibit are incredible. The isolation of different systems, the cross-sections, etc. Wow. I learned so much!

The main thing that I took away, however was this -

Our bodies weren't designed by anyone but Heavenly Father. They are too intricate and work to well together to be evolution or an accidental "bang". Our bodies are amazing. It gave me not only a profound respect for our bodies and all that they can accomplish, but a sense of awe that we've been given these bodies to do as we wish. It made we want to do more and really make the most of what we've been given. I'd recommend going if this exhibit comes to your area.

On a side not, I was kind of shocked to learn that people were grossed out by seeing this exhibit. Um, hello - don't you want to know what is inside YOUR OWN body? Don't you want to see the brain and blood vessels and heart that give us life? Anyway, that's a discussion for another day.

After the exhibit we went to dinner at Souths in Tribeca. Not bad, but not great. Probably wouldn't go back, but at least it was cute inside.

4 comments:

Leah said...

It's coming here to SLC very soon and you bet we're going.

Shannon said...

Duane gets free admission because he's a doc, but he will be going without me. I am one of those people who is grossed out by the whole thing.

cathy said...

WHOA Anatomy!! If only we could have seen this exhibit instead of our gross smelly cadavers! I heard this is really cool - when it came to Dallas I just had the twins so I wasn't up for going. Very insightful, glad you got to see it!

Kijuana said...

I never talked to you about this...way cool that you were able to go! I love your body and all its guts too. :)