I was also so lucky to see these lovely ladies. (Danette, Gloria, and Keysia) I absolutely adore these women. They have been there for me for so many years, since we all worked together at a law firm. (My first "real" out of college job about 8 years ago...).
On the way to/from I took the Chinatown bus....why do I do this to myself? I'm always trying to save money and apparently that gets me nowhere. Although it's only $35 roundtrip, so I guess you get what you pay for...
To: the woman in front of me leaned her seat back soooo far (must have been malfunctioning) because she was literally lying in my lap. And I'm short! I was just glad Dereck wasn't on the bus, he would have been even more miserable the whole time. Since I went at night most people were asleep. I was, at first, until the man in the row next to me started snoring!!! It sounded like he was sawing logs. so ridiculous.
Way back: The bus left an hour late. They made us stand in line and wait and it was so lame and boring. Then we finally got on and it smelled like leftover take out. Gross! But oh well, so I immediately fell asleep. I woke up about an hour into the ride to someone throwing up at the seat directly behind me. Can you say disease? I just covered my mouth and prayed that I couldn't smell anything. Luckily it was into a bag, but still. I seriously considered just getting off the bus and figuring out a way home on my own. NASTY.
Otherwise a pleasant, fun trip!
5 comments:
Chris and I recommend the Bolt Bus. Other than some delays it was clean, non-smelly, comfy and vomit-free! And with free Wi-Fi!
Shutup- Laughing so hard that lady was almost on lap and snoring like sawing logs! SO FUNNY!! OK, throwing up part not so funny! I am sorry, but at least you had a great time and saved some money! SO FUN!
so disgusting! i don't think i could have handled it. I might have thrown up myself... btw- there are better busses that cost around 45 to 50 and sometimes less, if you get a sale rate. i know it's a little more than the CTE...but it's also cleaner and less well, sketchy! the one and only time i was on the CTE, well, i will just say this. a man was picking his nose, really fishing, you know. and this guy saw him and gave him a napkin and told him he was going to get a bloody nose and asked if he was fishing for gold. i almost got sick that night. but now it's super super funny!
I'm dying right now that someone barfed. So freaking funny, only because I wasn't there.
SICK! But it sounds like it was worth it. I would love to have a few days off and jet off to, I don't know maybe New York, and reconnect with one of my life-long friends.
Post a Comment