Today I am grateful for my hard noggin. I had the craziest experience on the way to work - I was just walking along about 3 blocks away from my house on the way to the train and this man, who looked like he could have been homeless, was walking towards me and as he passed, he popped me upside my head! Just out of the blue! I am guessing he was either high or crazy because, seriously – who does that?
All I did was yell at him as he ran away. There were people around me who asked me if I was ok. I called Kijuana and started to cry of course and then called 311 (the non-emergency number) and they transferred me to the police station. I told them what happened and they wanted me to fill out a police report and all that and I didn’t have time to wait for them to get their just so that nothing would be done about it. I wasn’t hurt, just shaken up. I remember looking back at him and he had a nub for a hand! I got punched by a nub! Or is it knub? There is a part of me that wishes I would have chased after him, but it wouldn’t have been worth it to get beat up!
It kind of feels like a dream. If I could do it all over again, I probably would have yelled to the people down the street to grab him, some hunky guy would have tackled him, I would have called the police immediately and he would have been arrested…kinda like a movie except in real life. I am just glad that I wasn’t injured or killed.
In retrospect, I need to be more prepared in my responses and I need to stay away from homeless men with nubs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh my Kamilah! So thankful it wasn't worse - I'm going to have to come there and chase someone with a Klub instead of a Nub! (Knub).
Ok, what the devil? The Nub knocked you upside the head? I can't believe it! Who does that???
So glad you were not hurt!
Kami...it is one story after another..I can't believe it. You were like little bunny Foo, Foo and you got knocked upside the head. The truly best part of the story is the fact that it was a knub. Glad you are ok.
A nub...seriously Kamilah. I'm dying. You can still make me laugh. Hugs.
Wow you'll say anthing to make this blog exciting huh... J/k you poor thing that truely horrible so sorry you had to go through such trauma.
besos
You are funny as hell. but I am glad you are okay. I saw you later that day and you looked like a true survivor. Your blog is pretty cool
ok how did I miss reading this story i am dying laughing! i can not believe the nerve of some people! And totally scary! I totally would have had a break down!
ok how did I miss reading this story i am dying laughing! i can not believe the nerve of some people! And totally scary! I totally would have had a break down!
Post a Comment