Friday, October 19, 2007

The Pockets

Here is the inside of the jacket I am working on for tailoring. Notice my handiwork!

I was originally going to make it for Dereck, but then my lovely professor said I couldn't. He only had patterns for women. However, "the concepts are exactly the same."

It is such a pain.

There a million steps. Even though this first one won't be perfect, I will have the skills when I am done to create beautiful tailored jackets for him or her. There is so much that goes into tailored clothing. They are worth every expense.

Notice, on the lips of the pocket I have the fabric facing backward. When he asked me why I did this I told him that I thought it might look cool.
Bet you can't guess which one he did and which ones I did?
His response, dead serious. "We don't do that here, there is no creativity in this class. You must do exactly as I say. Right..."

You might expect that if you were studying in a non-liberal arts school. But I never thought I would hear those words at Parsons.

Live and learn I guess!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Kamilah, I'm so impressed. I'm attempting to make Henry's Halloween costume (Super Henry) and the shiny blue spandex might put me in my grave.
Hugs, Megan

Unknown said...

Can't wait to purchase my first designer piece from you. I'm sure it will be full of creativity.

Unknown said...

Sorry...that was me. Julia.

Amber said...

You are big time!
Way to go.