What have I been up to?
Well, for one, the next few weeks I have midterms...Already! I can't believe I am halfway through the semester.
Update on my Italian, not so stallion, professor.
He still continues to amaze me with his craziness. An example - our classroom has a few of the teacher's lockers at the back of it. He begins at 5:59 (class starts at 6). So every once in a while, one of the teachers will have to walk through the classroom to get something from their locker. He will stop whatever he is doing, give them the STARE and then proceed to tell us how in 27 years he was never late nor did he miss a class that he was teaching. Even one time he came straight from the airport on his way back from Hong Kong.
Get over yourself.
He often compares students work to a "day old bagel"....thanks a lot.
I am making progress on the jacket - I had to redo the pockets a few times. My favorite memory is when I showed him the work I had done, he looked at me, told me to undo it and come back. He grabbed the pocket and silently re-did the whole thing for me. Fortunately one pocket looks great, unfortunately, I had to do the other pocket without his help and endure the drama. Oh well, it was worth it kinda. The good thing is that I am not the only one that looks like a jack--- on a weekly basis.
The Internship
Still going well. I have visited several additional factories, sat in on a textile meeting - the representative brought gorgeous fabrics from India. Such great information and inspiration. Helped Donna Karan's DJ choose an outfit from Mara's fall collection to wear to Donna's birthday party that she was DJ'ing.
If you have the October 8th People magazine - I haven't seen it yet - check for her

(Top Chef host) she was the one who's stylist came to our studio for clothes for the People Magazine shoot.
That's about it for now, I will blog more later.
2 comments:
MIssing YOu!
Busy, little woman. Love the stories from the lunatic. Can't wait to see the jacket, and compare pockets.
Do you think your professor would read your blog??
Post a Comment