SO many!
I often look so forward to the holidays more for the much needed break instead of a true celebration and reflection period. So, as Dereck and I prepare for our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, I am thankful for where my life is right now. All of the experiences that I have had helped create the person that I am today. There are always things that I am working on or wish that I was better at, but it helps to appreciate the ups and downs that have shaped your existence.
I am thankful for a husband who truly loves me and really tries to make me happy (not always an easy task).
I am thankful for my family. We may be disfunctional in our own way, but I can't think of anything in this world that I would trade them for.
I am thankful for my friends. As my mom said tonight, "you're friends are so cool". And they are. How did I get so lucky?
Seems simple, but I am thankful for a roof over my head. It's cold outside.
I am thankful that I have the knowledge of an afterlife. It would be difficult to go through life thinking that death was the end.
I am thankful that I am able to do what I want to do. I am grateful that I live in America (with all of it's problems and all) and am able to pursue what I want to pursue without feeling guilty. Some people make just enough money to barely eat or have to give any leftover money to their families for survival.
I am grateful for my teeth. Can you imagine if you didn't have any? They aren't perfect, but relatively straight (thank goodness, I have a teeth thing).
I could go on all night, but won't.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm thankful for you.
Hi! I followed a couple of links to find you and love your blog! I hope you don't mind I've been lurking. . . love the wedding photos, the honeymoon photos and the school updates. I really didn't want you to drop off into married world and never hear from you again so keep up the blog, I love it! : )
Alyssa
Today I am rolling that you are grateful for your teeth. I'm grateful that you just made me laugh outloud. Oh...I can't even imagine if we didn't have teeth. I wouldn't have been able to chew my delicious Cafe Rio salad I had earlier this evening. (Jealous??) I am of girls weekends..so we're even.
Post a Comment