Yesterday I got my cell phone bill and the amount was $900! After reviewing why it was so high, I realized that someone had used my phone to call various people in the Dominican Republic at 99 cents/min. The strangest part is that the calls originated from New Jersey, while I was at work…. Right….
After being on the phone for exactly 66 minutes and 42 seconds they finally reversed the charges and told me that my phone had been cloned!!! So crazy! I personally think that it happened when I took my phone in to get it fixed. Some shady worker who thinks its cool to clone phones so he could call DR. Anyway it was quite a scare to think that I had racked up a $900 bill. I didn’t even know these types of tricks were possible. Identity theft is everywhere nowadays!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What in the world!! So crazy, and so glad that you got that worked out. I would have been OAP!
That is scary! I have never heard of a thing like that!
last year I had over $2,000 spent on my debit card while the card was stored in my wallet in my drawer at work. No one ever had access to the card. I was told numbers are randomly generated and then auctioned in Eastern Europe over the internet to mostly American teenagers after they hit a number that works. Scary. Luckily my bank spotted it within a day and gave me all the money back.
Post a Comment