Friday, April 20, 2007

My trickster husband

Dereck thinks he's sooo funny. He has scared me twice in the last week. The first one was really good.
It was Sunday afternoon. We were both in our lounge clothes, aka pajamas, and we hear a knock at the door. I bolted upstairs, but I hear Dereck open the door and talking to someone. Then he came upstairs and whispered, you gotta come downstairs, it's someone from church, but I can' t remember their names! I was mortified, not only did I look a fright, but our apartment was a wreck. I had sewing stuff everywhere, Dereck had been reading the paper and it was scattered about, we hadn't cleaned up our dinner dishes, you get the idea. So, I throw on a pair of jeans and a normal shirt (I can hear him, she'll be down in a minute) and go downstairs to find him laughing hysterically because nobody is there. Apparently a delivery person got the wrong address....
I got punked.

Number 2 -
I got home from work and he was home and could apparently hear me come and decided to hide behind the door. So, when I closed the door he was there. He didn't jump or anything, but I literally almost peed my pants. I was mad at him for the whole night. Seriously, who does that?

4 comments:

Amber said...

It doesn't get any better than that! I don't believe there is a better person to prank than you. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Who does that you say? Would you believe Y-O-U?? haha for Dereck!! Those are good!!

Julia said...

So great. Sounds like you're a match made in heaven!

Lyons Family said...

Hi Kamilah - Rachel Lyons here - had to sneak a peak at your blog - guess who else does that - ANYONE with the last name of LYONS - I am sure you can see Kelly doing those types of things and for sure she learned it from her big brother BILLY -who in turn learned it from his father - - we have had many a conversation about the importance of NOT scaring me to death in the black of night!!!! I feel your pain!!