I know it comes every year, I should expect it, but then when it starts dipping below 30...and then the 20's and then the teens, that's it! I become a shut in. I may even develop rickets from my lack of Vitamin D absorption. I go from the apartment to the shuttle (across the street) to work (there is an entrance to the subway outside my building), try to eat something nearby or bring my lunch and then reverse it on the way home. There is no hanging out after work, or stopping by to see what this or that store has. Then I get home and curl up on the couch and read. Or watch tv. Or watch Dereck cook. Or sleep. But the point is I hardly see the light of day.
Yesterday was the coldest, it's supposed to "warm up" over the weekend. I am ready for Spring already! Or for snowsuits to be instyle then I could just wear one of those all the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I share your hatred for the cold. It sucks. "Or watch Dereck cook", funny.
Shoot, that was from me, Leah. I am also Lucky though.
Amen to the snowsuits being in style. I think I'm still de-thawing from the 15 degree weather yesterday!!
Kamilah aren't you in the business of making things stylish? I think you have come up with your million dollar idea: Snowsuits that not only make you feel hot on the inside but that also make you look hot on the outside.
So sorry - I guess you don't want to hear that it has been in the 70's here in Dallas!
K! speaking of cold, thanks for coming out to our neck of the city (in the rain, no less) to hang with us. we had so much fun! your box of leftovers from dinner is still in our fridge. i feel sad every time i look at it, because you wanted it for Sunday lunch. wa. i hope Dereck made you something delectable on Sunday. let's get together again soon! (and thanks for playing Boggle with me. it made my week! :)
thanks all - it's warmed up, finally!
"it's not even cold here." --midwesterner who I almost destroyed in Union Square.
Funny:
1-shut in.
2- rickets. Any story w/rickets in it is funny. I often talk about having scurvy when i need some fruit and now i can include rickets into my everyday vocabulary somehow...
Post a Comment