Thursday, August 14, 2008

Someone thinks he's funny

So, the other day I came home from work and Dereck told me to go look into the spare bedroom, but to not get mad. So, I looked and this is what I saw…looking very similar to a flat screen TV box.


Granted, our tv is several years old, but it works perfectly well and although I would love an upgrade for aesthetics sake, we did NOT talk about buying a new TV!
I about lost it.
I went into the whole “we’re a team” speech and how “we have to talk about these large purchases now that we’re married” and “we are saving for something else, so why would you just make this purchase”…on and on and on and he just let me go on while he sat there with this smug look on his face….

THEN he calmly replied, well, actually I just happened to be home and signed for it, it’s not ours, it belongs to the neighbors.

Nice.

13 comments:

)en said...

HAHA! high five, Dereck.

-jenmo

stephanie said...

Okay, bad trick on you, but that's HILARIOUS!!!!

Amberli said...

oh slam! that really sucks! real funny though!

Julia said...

Love that you got pissed. You're such a wife. Good one Dereck!

Likely said...

oh shoot! so funny, you know.

hey, I commented after your comment on my blog... I think you will laugh. A good memory.

We want to come up to NYC this fall and see all of the friends....

Arbon Family said...

LAUGHING SO HARD!! That is so awesome. Now you will have to think of something to get him back.

Arbon Family said...

LAUGHING SO HARD!! That is so awesome. Now you will have to think of something to get him back.

Amber said...

I'm sorry babe but I love it. Love that it got you and you began the speech, that he listened long enough before he told you the story. You two are great together!

Anonymous said...

Kamilah! So glad you found us! It looks like you're doing so well. We can't believe you graduated from Parsons. How cool is that?! Do you know Tim Gunn. :) We'll email you about meeting up in NYC.

Heidi said...

Your blog is so fun to read. You are so talented!!

Andrea said...

Ahh! I was totally there with you.

I wanna see a picture of the "Frolet" really badly.

Andrea

Karrie said...

I'm so glad you found me!! It's fun to see you and what you are up to. How do you like NYC? Just a little different than Sandy:) Hope you are doing well. I'll be checking in on you:)

Karrie (Tesch) Schiebel

CA said...

Hi Kamilah!
OK, that is too funny! I would have freaked out too! You look so cute!
love ya!
Amy