Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Simple Pleasures

Last night, I went with my friend Sara (sometimes known as S-Thang) to get a manicure/pedicure after work. We have our usual spot that is good and only $19.99 for both. We got to watch 2 girls wig out because their pedicures weren't perfect. I mean, come on, you get what you pay for! Needless to say we were entertained. We also planned our upcoming excursion to the outlets.
After I left her house, I met up with an old friend from DC. We used to work with the youth together at church. She was in town on business and was staying at the W. (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=97502)
It was fantastic seeing Kimberly! Got to catch up on life, we don't talk enough, and just hang out with her all night. I even stayed over at her hotel and got to use all of the dreamy bliss products (http://www.blissworld.com/) that they provide.
To top it off, I got to walk from her hotel to work in about 5 minutes. Great!
Then, I went to Chipotle for lunch today which for some reason is such a comfort food for me. If I could just have a nap, it would be a nearly perfect day!
I hope that everyone is having a great day.

9 comments:

Leah said...

First of all, why the devil did your friend get to stay at this hotel? I would like to be a guest as well and use Bliss products to my heart's content.

S-thang, are you reading this? If so, I am so proud.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

sounds like a great day indeed. What are these outlets your refering to? fill me in...

Amy D. said...

Wait...Jen complains and she get's moved up to #2 on the link list. What is that all about?? Whahhh... Sounds like you had a great day. I won't brag that I had a nap..it was pure heaven..not so much though being woken up because my child was awake.

Jen said...

How fun! You deserve it for sure! Where was Pepper?

Jen said...

Amy I didn't know it meant anything the order of the links I guess my blog is better then I thought...... thanks kamilah! I'll move you up to first place on my blog....

Amy D. said...

Jen..did we never give you a rap name?? I can't remember.

KamilahNYC said...

Amy I didn't mean to make you mad by putting Jen first. I just did a cut and paste - sorry!!!
(jen, i better be #1)
P.S. Pepper and I are going to lunch today. I will take a picture.

Jen said...

I don't know anymore Kamilah? You bumped me down one! I can't remember what my rap name was I know I had one though...