Monday, May 22, 2006

The Weekend

So this weekend, I had a chance to go to DC to see my sister, her husband, my niece and nephew and my brother. I also got to see my friend Loide graduate from American University Law School. So great! I rode the Chinatown bus and got home last night at around 2am. Needless to say I am quite tired, but it was definitely worth it.

Highlights of the trip:
  • Playing with Devon. She is so funny lately and has the most contagious little laugh. I should have done a video clip, because she is hilarious and is always cracking herself up! (When I was leaving she started to cry, not a highlight, but I am happy that I am still her favorite even though I don't get to see her very much.)
  • Being able to celebrate Devon's potty training. (Don't worry about the fact that she went #2 during dinner and her little potty is in the kitchen and yet we had to act excited that she went...)
  • Seeing how big Nate is getting. He is 5 months old and is just a stocky little dude. He threw up all down Kijuana's back, so that was pretty funny.
  • Seeing Serena and Bella. I didn't know that they were coming over and it was such a fun surprise to get to spend time with them at the park.
  • Spending some time with my brother, Cameron whom I haven't seen since Christmas.
  • Getting to hang with my sister
  • Listening to Loide sing at her graduation party. Everytime she sings I get the chills - she is amazing! (http://www.myspace.com/loidej) Talk about a girl with many talents!

I will post pictures once I get them.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to see pics. What is Kij's blog address?

Kijuana said...

I'm dying about the potty comment! You see, Devon replicated this routine when we had the BBQ over Memorial. Imagine my laughter when she decides to take off her pants and run through the house. I'm just excited for the day when I won't have to go to BJ's and purchase TWO KINDS of diapers.