I am going to start posting my portfolio today, but wanted to state my disclaimer and explain the process a bit. For each collection we were given two weeks. One week to come up with the mood/direction, cut fabric swatches, create 21 looks. The next week to edit the looks to 7, render the drawings and make it presentable. It’s an arduous process that was both exciting and horrible.
As most of you know, drawing is NOT my strong point. But, as you will see the next few days, I have gotten better. I am not a fashion illustrator. Nor, do I want to be. In most large companies they have illustrators on staff. The designers will do a quick sketch and hand it over to the illustrator. I have learned the basics and realized that yes, I do get slightly better, however, I was not blessed with that talent.
The little drawings on the side are the technical designs – I did those on the computer. They have to be technically correct in order to send to the factories with the measurements so the factories know what it's supposed to look like when sewn and what measurements to use. I have worked hard on making those as accurate as possible.
I am pleased with how the entire book turned out. I think it reflects how far I have come, and it also gives me motivation, because I still have a long way to go. Looking back, I was so clueless when I first started school. All I knew was that I loved fashion and knew how to sew.
I want to post about my experience at Parsons the next few weeks as I contemplate my time there, but I will save that for another day. So, without further adieu (sp?)....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! Everything is so AMAZING!!!! I am so impressed. you are so talented and will have all kinds of incredible success!!!!
Post a Comment