Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sore Loser

I guess I am a sore loser. On Sunday Dereck and I played a riveting game of Scrabble. Apparently he had his game face on because he was getting some really good words on the board. I only lost by a few points, but I was pretty bitter for at least a whole day. I hate to lose and for some reason I really hate losing to Dereck.

Another example: Mancala.
I was given this game as a gift and had gotten really good at it. When Dereck and I first started dating we would play all the time and I would school him in it.
Everytime.
He barely even had a chance. After studying my expert moves, he soon became really good. We decided to have a "tournament". (I know we are nerds.) Well, through the course of this alleged tournament I let him get into my head somehow and I couldn't win. Or really he was cheating. So naturally I quit the tournament and refused to play him ever again.
So, I am real mature.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Ew, hate that. I'm exactly the same. I used to pride myself on my Speed skills, now Geoff beats me and I refuse to play.

Have you ever played Speed Scrabble?? It's our FAVORITE!

chartie said...

We got Scrabble for our wedding, and the first time or two that we played, Deidra came out on top. So she started taunting me a bit - since then I have won three or four times in a row, and now she refuses to play that game (or pretty much any other game) with me. :-) So I know how it goes.

Jen said...

serously why is that?! I hate losing to Dave too!

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel, K-Dawg. i love Boggle (as you well know) and Bryan refuses to play me unless there are other people involved, because, well, i'm just that good :). and he usually manages to win with other players involved. lame! but i'm still the 2-on-2 champ. you know it.