Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Walk

Last night Dereck and I went for a walk after work. It was such a beautiful evening. We did things a little backward, because we went for a walk, got some ice cream and then went to dinner. Oh well. I love that it doesn't get dark until like 9pm.

We just walked a few blocks to a park near the Brooklyn Museum (the museum was closed unfortunately) but we watched the chess players for a bit. Dereck read an article in the ny times (can’t find it now) that said that apparently this park is famous for it’s players. These chess masters will bring their own chess boards and timers and have serious competitions in the park. It was like stepping back in time.
I love that there are always ice cream trucks that ride around in the summer and that they serve soft ice cream.
We went to dinner at Stan’s Place which was so delish. We also found out that Stan lives in our building! It was New Orleans cuisine and I got the most delicious shrimp and grits. We are definitely going back.

I saw this monument at the park that had a really cool quote that I memorized last night, but now I can’t exactly remember what it said, but it was something close to: “Ignore or completely disregard any obstacles that will inevitably come in your way as you pursue your goal.”
Ok, so now it sounds lame, but I liked it at the time. If you are pursuing your goals, concentrate on accomplishing them instead of all the potential obstacles you may face as you are working towards them.

1 comment:

Darek and Amberli said...

Brooklyn sounds like such a quaint place. My only experience there was during the blizzard of '06, but it was still great. Please snow me in so I don't have to go to work! And let's eat rice krispie treats and watch movies all day!