Thursday, June 19, 2008

Almost like a parade

Earlier this week I was stuck in a Boycott China March on my way back to the office from lunch. I was enjoying a nice quiet time at the park when I heard all of this chanting on the sidewalk. I make my way over and find myself in the midst of this. They were chanting, "China is a liar"...
Unfortunately I don't know enough about the situation, but I do know that these people were very passionate about the situation and I do love to see people really into their causes. It definitely is making me do some research, so I know where I stand on the issue. I don't like being uninformed.


This last photo broke my heart. That poor woman's arms. Wow! On days when I am feeling fatty, I still have a lot to be grateful for.

6 comments:

cathy said...

I am seriously dying laughing right now!! Is that lady for real or is she in a fat suit? If it's real, I wonder what would possess her to wear a spaghetti strap tank top!

Amber said...

No kidding, I was feeling a little arm heavy just yesterday, thanks for chasing those fears away.
And LOVE the dress you made!

)en said...

Hey, maybe she loves her arms and the feel of them flapping around. You go, girl! (<-- sorry).

jmo

Troop 714 said...

It should be illegal for some people to wear shirts like that!! Looks like you had a ton of fun with Kijuana and Cameron in town! He does look really tired and his girlfriend looks cute! Hope all is going well!!
Sunny

Michelle said...

This is one of the many things I love about city life! Can't wait to see you when I get back!!!

Amberli said...

so i'm reading this feeling all appreciative that you've brought to light some "china is a liar" issue that i need to learn about, thinking that the "this last photo broke my heart" message must have something to do with some kind of terrible injustice occuring in china and i click on the photo to enlarge it so i can see what it is only to get a good look at those arms and throw up a little in my mouth! i hate when that happens. i still have no idea what china is lying about but i sure feel inspired to lift some weights! i'll think of this the next time "i'm feeling fatty"! you're hilarious, frient!