Friday, May 09, 2008

"Leave behinds"

As finals continue on, I am torn because on one hand I want Monday to be here because that means I will be done, but on the other hand, I want Monday to come in 2 weeks because I still have a lot to finish. But, I am making progress with everything. I turned in my silkscreen project on Wednesday to rave reviews. My teacher was impressed despite the flaws! So, 1 down 2 to go.

My biggest thing left to do is my portfolio which is what I have been working on ALL semester. Creating and doing, then re-vising, re-doing, re-working, re-everything! It’s been a crazy process but I am looking forward to sharing the final result. Hopefully it will be good enough to get me a job…haha…time will tell…

Looking at what I started with to what I have now is pretty cool. As much as I still cringe when I see my drawings, they HAVE gotten better. Some how. Some way.
But, enough of that.
Leah helped me to re-work my “leave behinds”. Something for the interviewer to remember me by…after I leave.
I think they turned out great and complement my business cards perfectly. [size 4" x 4"] Thanks again Leah.

Front
(Remember this dress?)

Back

Enough rambling. back to work.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Can't wait to see the portfolio! How did they turn out when you printed them?

Mandy said...

Awesome Kamilah! You are soo talented! And ya look great! Good luck with everything!
love
Mandy

)en said...

good luuuuckQ! oops, that Q is a typo but it kind of looks cool. your stuff is so fun. p.s. i covet that dress you wore on sunday. i am serious.

Arbon Family said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!! I am so excited and check everyday for the portfolio!! So excited to see it. Love the dress and Love your buisness cards! Miss you! Once again, so freaking talented!

Heather said...

LOVE the business cards! You are doing such a great job!