Monday, June 12, 2006

Arizona


What a weekend! I had some crazy travel experiences, but of course it was worth it to get to hang with my mom and Corban.

Quick recap: Left my house at 5am on Friday morning. My flight was supposed to take off at 6:50am, but there was some mechanical difficulties. After being shuffled to 3 different flights, I was finally re-booked on a flight through Atlanta that would put me into Phoenix at 2:15pm instead of 10:30am. 4 hours lost! But, it wasn’t horrible, just a really long morning.

When I arrived in Phoenix, of course my luggage didn’t arrive with me, so I filed a missing luggage report and it was supposed to be delivered by 7pm.
Since I didn't have any clothes, we decided to beat the heat and go straight from the airport to the movies.

[We saw Akeelah and the Bee. Such a cute movie, if you haven't seen it - put in on your must rent list.]

After the movie we went to go and see Corban hard at work and also shopping at Last Chance. He is working as a valet attendant and loves making tips, although he gets really hot and dehydrated being out in the sun.

After seeing my brother, we went to eat at this fabulous Mexican restaurant. The most delicious chimichangas....and chips and salsa...yum! I LOVE Mexican food and Arizona has some of the best that I know of. By this time, it was close to 10pm and still no word on the luggage. So, I was on the phone with Delta and wouldn’t let them get off the phone with me until they found my luggage and promised me a time. I was so tired and so frustrated, all I wanted was some clean clothes. A lot of good it did, because I didn’t get my luggage until 5pm on Saturday night! Don’t worry about the fact that I had to wear the same outfit 2 days in a row in 110 degree heat. Oh well.


Saturday morning, we met my Aunt Barbara for lunch at Rosita’s

(I had to make sure and get my fill of Mexican food) and then did some more shopping – had to get a swimming suit and some underwear…and then my mom and I got facials.
They were fantastic. It was at the Aveda Institute and so they are students but they use all Aveda products and it was like an hour and a half long. So great and so inexpensive. They have one in NY so you bet I will be there once a month :)


Here is when my bag arrived. I was clearly so excited.

Later that night, my cousins Emily & Mike, Shar, and Tiffani and my Aunt Karine and Uncle Gordon came over to my mom’s and we swam and ate dinner and Shar and Tiffany stayed and talked until midnight. It was fun. I realize how much I miss hanging out with family – reminiscing on our childhood. It was so fun to see you guys! Come to New York to visit soon!!

On Sunday, we ate delicious breakfast at the Pancake house and then went to church. After church my mom and I got pedicures and then we came home – barbequed some chicken and pineapple on the grill and played Boggle. After I schooled Corban and mom, I had to pack up and get ready to go. (Yes, I was the champ!)
I took the red-eye flight and got in just in time to go to work! Now, I am sooo tired and can't hardly wait to go home and go to sleep. I don't know why I do these types of things to myself!

But, it was a busy, fun weekend! I miss my mom and Corban already!!! Thanks again for everything!


Excuse my one curl in my forehead...

Saying goodbye!

5 comments:

Amy D. said...

Love the curl...did you get a perm?

Leah said...

Ok, first of all, why is Corban all grown up now? He is the cutest! Second of all, come on Delta, so rude. Third of all, did you get a boob job or something? And fourthly, so glad you had some quality time with the fam. Glad you're back safe!

Amy said...

so fun, and ya your boobs look huge, and mexicain food.... mmmmmm!

Jen said...

You are hilarious!

Kijuana said...

Oh my sister, I so wish I could have joined you in the valley of the sun! Unfortunately, I would not have been as calm as you with the lost luggage situation. But, what do you do?