Monday, January 01, 2007

Bang the pots and pans...2007 is here!

Happy New Year! 2007 is going to be a great year. Dereck and I brought in the new year watching MTV, toasting to sparkling apple cider and of course banging the pots and pans! This is a tradition that my grandmother passed to our family and while Dereck was hesitant at first, he later embraced it. It causes a lot of ruckus and that makes it all the more fun! Hopefully our neighbors enjoyed it.

I try to spend some time on the 1st day of every year contemplating my upcoming goals and objectives while reviewing what I did and didn't accomplish from the previous year. It's a perfect time to start fresh, clear any unwanted distractions from your life, continue on the life path that you are creating and accept the blessings that you deserve. While reviewing, there are always things that were unexpected and unplanned, but that have hopefully transformed your life for the better. I am looking forward to a year of hard work, embracing the love around me, spending time with friends and family, attracting positivity, and enjoying any unexpected moments.

May all your goals and dreams be put into motion in this brand new year!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm a fellow pots and pans banger...that didn't come out right. You know what I mean.

Darek and Amberli said...

I too am a fellow pots and pans banger (yes, that doesn't sound right) but haven't done it since my best friend and I got in big trouble with her mom after we bent and her pots and pans during our festive celebration. Maybe it's time to revive this tradition now that it's my ghetto pots and pans that I'll be denting! Sounds like fun!