Friday, December 14, 2007

In Memory of: My Uncle Gordon

Last Friday, I flew back to Arizona to attend the memorial service for my mother's brother. We just saw him the week prior while we were there for Thanksgiving and you can see by the pictures below - he looked great! It was very unexpected and happened quickly, but we are grateful that he didn't suffer much. In my church we believe that we'll see those that we lost again. So in my mind I can tell myself that, but of course it is still sad. From my point of view, the one thing that is great about funerals is being able to see those you don't get to see very often. There is something about mourning with others that somehow makes you feel better. It was a heartfelt and positive service. He had a tremendous life. Great family. I can't even imagine how much they will miss him. And for my mom, this is her first sibling to pass, he is only 5 years older than him. It is hard for her. I am so happy that I was able to be there and spend time with my family and aunts, uncles, and cousins.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my precious darling Kamilah. What a blessing you are to me.