P.S. 22 - My neighborhood polling booth
Ok, so I voted via absentee ballot over a week ago because I thought I was going to be out of town, but I went with Dereck this morning when he voted and almost got a bit teary. I know that I haven't ever been this moved or excited about a candidate. I've been feeling jittery all day and know for sure I'll probably be up most of the night watching CNN. Can't wait!
Even though the political process has many, many problems, I'm still very grateful for the opportunity that I have to cast my vote for the candidate that I believe will do the best job for our nation. I also know that if I had been born in a different time period, that I wouldn't have been allowed to vote.
So, I hope that everyone took the opportunity to go out and exercise YOUR right as a citizen of this country to allow your voice to be heard. It's so empowering!
GO OBAMA!!!

4 comments:
Did I vote? Yes I did!
I voted too! I believe in the Audacity of Hope!!!
I voted and just want to say . . . Woohoo! Things are looking good for Obama!
I was up late just to hear what he had to say. When 11 pm hit and they announced Obama won, I cried!!! I was so excited and proud that I voted, especially because it was in VA...and VA went BLUE for the first time since the 60s!!! GO OBAMA!!!
Post a Comment