Monday, November 17, 2008

It's my birthday, that's why!

For my birthday over 10 days ago, my darling husband rented out this entire restaurant, for our little meal.

Isn't it darling? Ok, so he didn't REALLY rent out the entire restaurant, but because we ate at the senior citizen time of 4:30 on a Thursday afternoon it appeared that way and he told me that if I chose to think that I could...cause it was my birthday.

The day was great, it went a little something like this.

Didn't go to work.
Slept in.
Took a lot of calls, mostly from people singing to me.
Made a few prank calls to friends.
Ate breakfast at 11 - pomegranates with Greek yogurt
Ate lunch/dinner at 4:30 - the best chile relleno I've had in a looongg time.
Ate dinner/dessert at 8ish - yummy cupcakes!
Overused the phrase, "because it's my birthday, that's why" quite frequently.
Talked to more people on the phone, opened a few presents.

If this day is any indication of what this year will be like, I'm in for a treat!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like a fabulous day to me. I've heard about this yogurt and it's on my list of things to consume when we're in NY.

Happy Birthday!

beckus1234 said...

You deserve it!!