Sunday, December 07, 2008
Tribute to Mama Afrika
Loide came to New York a few weeks ago and sang (beautifully I might add) at this amazing tribute to Miriam Makeba. What an event!
Here's Loide and I after the concert.
Somehow Sarah and I scored these amazing seats right in front of the stage. How lucky are we?!?
This guy played only using shells...very talented.
Another spoken word performer. He was great!
And there was a special guest...Paul Simon! I mean, he's getting old, but he still sounded the exact same. He and Miriam were great friends and he kept saying how honored he was to be singing at this tribute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WHAT!!!! PAUL SIMON, soooo jealous. And I've got to hear some songs from your friend!
Sometimes when I think of you living in far off NYC - I get a bit lonely for you, but WOW such cool opportunities!! Way to go Loida!!
Post a Comment