Sunday, May 14, 2006

My first post!

Well, this is my first post on my first blog, so it should be really good. But, being that it is Mother's day today, I thought my first post should be about mothers. What would I be without my mother? Well, for one obviously, I wouldn't be here. Secondly, if my mother wasn't so supportive I don't think I would be in NY today. She hasn't always agreed with everything that I do, but she has always supported me in my endeavors. She loves being with her kids more than any mom I know. I mean seriously what mom do you know would take the Chinatown bus from NY to DC and think it was fun? For those of you who know Becky, she has quite the sense of humor. Anyway, this first entry is a shout out to Becky and all mom's everywhere. For the mom's of my friends who helped to mother me, for my friends who are now moms and are mothering their own little ones and for those who's mothers aren't on this earth but are watching down on their children. Thank you! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, here I was feeling a little forlorn that I couldn't be "hands on" with my children and grandchildren and I get a wonderful Mother's Day shout out from my precious, darling Kamilah. I wish I could take credit for the wonderful way that Kamilah is living her life, but the truth of it is - I just stand back and count my blessings that she was allowed to enter my life. So many times, we talk about maybe one day we'll do this or that-- Well, Kamilah is actually doing it. It's not easy and there are some bumps in the road, but she is making her dreams come true. In doing this, she's also serving as a mentor and a guide to many who gain inspiration and courage to try their own wings!
Hooray for end of the semester and finished projects and for summer break!
From the hot Arizona desert to big old NYC - love from your fun-loving Mom! (P.S. That bus ride from NYC to DC gave me some great stories that I'm still using!)