for two human souls,
than to feel that they are joined for life
to strengthen each other
in all labor,
to rest on each other
in all sorrow,
to minister to each other
in all pain, and to be with each other
in silent, unspeakable memories.
-George Eliot
Tomorrow, September 22nd, is Dereck and I's First Wedding Anniversary!
I can't believe we made it a whole year...
no, it has flown by in the best possible way.

Some highlights from our year.
We moved to an apartment that was new to both of us.
He cheered me on through another year of school.
We fought about silly things.
We compromised.
We combined our bank accounts.
We traded sides of the bed so now I am on the right.
I changed my name to match his.
He surprised me with his excellent cooking skills.
I suprised him with my aversion to showering.
He "took care of" all bugs and spiders.
We established boundaries.
We supported each other during deaths, divorces, and family drama. (Don't act like your family doesn't have drama...)
We took road trips to DC and Boston.
I learned that sometimes our tv gets stuck on ESPN.
We went on a honeymoon to Jamaica.
We housed many friends and family members at our cosy apartment.
He is learning how to share his food.
I am learning how to speak my mind without getting over emotional.
We are both amazed at how quickly love spreads.
We are also amazed at how much our moods affect eachother.
We re-affirmed how much we love sleeping in.
We wrote goals together.
We planned our lives together.
We laughed and even cried together.
We have been blessed beyond belief.
It's been an amazing year and I wouldn't want to experience life this way with anyone else but him.
Tomorrow, September 22nd, is Dereck and I's First Wedding Anniversary!
I can't believe we made it a whole year...
no, it has flown by in the best possible way.
We have really grown a lot over the year and if this is any indication of what my life with him is going to be like, I am in for a treat!

Some highlights from our year.
We moved to an apartment that was new to both of us.
He cheered me on through another year of school.
We purchased furniture together.
He changed jobs and we experienced a period of unemployment.We fought about silly things.
We compromised.
We combined our bank accounts.
We traded sides of the bed so now I am on the right.
I changed my name to match his.
He surprised me with his excellent cooking skills.
I suprised him with my aversion to showering.
He "took care of" all bugs and spiders.
We established boundaries.
We supported each other during deaths, divorces, and family drama. (Don't act like your family doesn't have drama...)
We took road trips to DC and Boston.
We went on a honeymoon to Jamaica.
We housed many friends and family members at our cosy apartment.
He is learning how to share his food.
I am learning how to speak my mind without getting over emotional.
We are both amazed at how quickly love spreads.
We are also amazed at how much our moods affect eachother.
We re-affirmed how much we love sleeping in.
We wrote goals together.
We planned our lives together.
We laughed and even cried together.
We have been blessed beyond belief.
It's been an amazing year and I wouldn't want to experience life this way with anyone else but him.
16 comments:
Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful?
I sleep on the right side of the bed, too. (Isn't it funny how that is even and issue?)
Congrats lady. You deserve all the happiness in the world. And might I say, you are absolutely beautiful. Love your dress...in both pictures.
Wow! Congratulations! I can't believe it's been a year! Time flies! I'm so glad you two found each other and are so happy!
kamilah, this is so sweet. it brought tears to my eyes. i am so happy for you. way to go and keep on truuckin'
love,
ktk
what a great post kamilah. congratulations!
That was darling! Thanks for being authentic and sharing parts of yourself that are most personal. He is lucky indeed.
Congrats to this year and well, lots, lots, lots more!!
Congratulations, I hope it just gets sweeter and sweeter.
Yeah - I can't believe it has been one whole year. congrats you two are so cute. ps you are linked so tons of my friends blogs now I love it.
Kamilah, your spirit and optimism is so refreshing! I hope you can say all these things and more on your 50th reunion (and all the ones after that). Love is good.
EYQ
i love it...hears to many more years to come!!! you guys are the bomb!
You forgot visited Sara in the hospital. Congrats!
Happy Anniversary! Many more to come!
congratulations! give Dereck my best. i love you guys . . . and your sexy kissing picture in the park on your wedding day. and i love that we live in the same city so we can partay!!!
Kamilah--that was really nice! I enjoyed reading it and learning about life for you!
you two are darling. What a nice looking couple.
Great reflection. I should do the same.
Post a Comment