Monday, February 02, 2009

2009 Pre-Inauguration Day Celebrations - Day of Service

Just a few pictures from my weekend in DC for the Inauguration. I was lucky enough to stay here. She took such good care of me - lending her home and her oh so comfy couch! We were heading to our day of service and saw this all over the city...

To start this morning off, Dianna has a great idea to do 44 sun salutations on behalf of Obama being the 44th president inagurated. It was pretty awesome. Seriously, what a way to start your day!

Kimberly and I arrived at RFK stadium for our day of service and this is what we saw. Unfortunately, it was kind of a bust because the packets we were putting together were pretty lame. It consisted of a very large ziploc bag filled with a teeny thing of lotion, a small shot of energy drink, a notepad similar to what you may get at a hotel or the Target $1 bin, and the smallest container of sunblock you have ever seen. So, basically a waste of resources, so we just kinda cruised around; met Nancy Pelosi, took some pictures (which should be posted here) and filled up a few bags for the troops and left.Unfortunately for the troops, the thank you bags we got were probably better than what we were sending out. We got this delicious brownie in ours...
So, while the gesture was admirable, the product wasn't so great, but it was nice to at least feel like you were a part of the day of service!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I tried to comment on your newest blog but it said the blog administrator wouldn't let me?? Anyway, SO AWESOME that you got to be there!!

Anonymous said...

I had the same commenting problem . . . but I want to say thank you for blogging about this for those of us who couldn't be there. Everyone I knew who was there had a very similar experience, such an amazing piece of history to be a part of.

beckus1234 said...

You represented us! So proud that you made the sacrifice - how cool is that? As a recipient of the Barack Obama brownie, I must say it was quite delicious!! Uh, by the way, your toes are important and I don't want them sacrificed!!