
One of my favorite things about NY is seeing all of the people and how we are all so different. I also love that people are willing to share their talents (or lack of) with the world! In all the different subways you will see people performing or just begging for money. Some are actually really talented and some not so much. Some can make music out of a plastic tub, some bring their expensive instruments and equipment to the darkest depths of the subway. Some have mastered the art of selling themselves and some just humbly play the music or dance because they enjoy it so much. I once saw a midget-size Michael Jackson who could do the moonwalk like nobody's business.
My personal favorite are the parents who pimp out their kids.
Case in point: The Cagle Family (thecaglefamily.com)
I was reading TONY (Time Out New York for you non-new yorkers) and came across this article about "my family" and thought I should share.
This family has 10 kids (I wonder if they are mormon...haha) the mom is real tall and the dad is real short. The kids are actually pretty cute. The littlest one is the cutest and the poor son looks so miserable on the drums, but he keeps a steady beat. The older kids no longer sing with the family, but I guess at some point they did. It's just classic. The best part about it is that I see them EVERYWHERE! I had a running joke with my friend Regine who would text me with cagle spottings at various locations throughout the city. Maybe it's just coincidenct that I run into them so frequently...or is it?
2 comments:
Well are they good?
That is hilarious!! I luv how you plug their website.
Post a Comment