Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm Famous...ok not really

Here is an email I got from my old co-worker friend Arek

"So there I was just sitting, eating some sausages, resting my old body, after a day of semi hard work, when a commercial for the annual servathon appeared on my tv set. Well, long story short, I almost choked on one of the sausages when I suddenly spotted Kamilah working a paintbrush gracefully up and down the wall smiling back at the camera with that million Turkish lira smile. This needs to stop!!"
This struck me as funny for several reasons - one, who just sits there and
eats sausages, two, i did the servathon like a million years ago (http://pub.dc-cares.org/servathon/) when I was still living in DC, and three he's not the only one who's told me that they had seen me advertise for that. Where are my royalties?? :)

More funny things about Arek. Him and I use to carpool to work sometimes when I worked at the non-profit because we lived just down the street from one another. Also, he is Polish and has claimed in the past that if there was a Kielbasa University, that he would qualify for an honorary Doctorate degree. (hence the love for sausage.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sister, the days of the Servathon have long passed, but your influence on DC will never die! So cool that you gave them free advertising.

Leah said...

Gross, never blog about sausages again.